Saturday, January 16, 2010

Science in my Spirituality

I felt like doing another post today, this time on the Pagan Blog Prompt for science in my spirituality (http://paganprompts.blogspot.com/)

I have always been a big believer in science. I know that almost, almost everything in this world can be explained, experimented on, and tested by science. Science has discovered so many amazing things about the world we live in, that it's very mind-boggling once you start thinking about it. I'm not one of those spiritual people who completely discount science simply because science can't explain everything in this universe.

In fact, I believe that science plays a critical role in the divine, and the things that science supposedly can't explain. Many Wiccans/Witches say that the Divine isn't some remote force---that the Divine is truly in everything around us, and in us. If this is so, then the Divine is in science, as well! The science of all things, no matter what kind of science, is continuously explaining the complex plan the Divine used to create the universe, and to keep it going. And science is evolving just as we are. Every year a scientist, or team of scientists, are discovering something new. Even things that couldn't be explained before are being explained, through sciences such as psychology and quantum physics.

So when it comes to science and spirituality, I strive to make science part of my spirituality. Sure, it as yet cannot explain everything, but I firmly believe that all science is Sacred, just as everything else created by the Divine is. And so, it should be honored, just as we honor the deities, the elements, the animals, the spirits, and all things of this world.

Edit:: I now also want to add that science can definitly explain how something works, how something is done, etcetera, but science has never been able to completely explain why everything is the way it is. This, I believe, is where the Divine comes into play =)

The previous picture is not owned by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment