Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4/1001

Three things that would be massively hard for me to give up.
My journal, my cell phone, and Bob Marleys.

okay, maybe, just maybe, I could live without my cell phone and my Bob Marleys, but they sure do have an impact on me, which is why I'm including them in this.
My journal---which is more like a BoS turned into a journal since I now have a different, bigger BoS---is vital to me. I have so many emotions and thoughts that I don't want to voice to anyone. And so, I put them in my journal, along with poetry and information about my day-to-day life. With it, my stress is easier to handle. I think if I didn't have my journal, I would go insane. No joke.
As for my cell phone, well, I don't want to seem materialistic, but I'm slightly addicted to it. I used to have a smaller, less amazing cell phone, but that one broke, so my mom bought me a $120 Spyder II...which I really don't need at all, but love all the same. It does everything. And, well, I love communication. I talk, talk, talk. And so, texting and calling is a must when the people I want to gab to are not physically by me. I blame it on my Gemini nature.
And Bob Marleys...ahhhh....the only Bob Marleys I will buy are from the most amazing coffee shop just down the street from my work. All Hopped Up. Painted a deep purple/red, with a hippie van, hippie lettering, and hippie music playing inside. The tables are painted as a stream with salmon. It makes sense that the best Bob Marley coffee drink ever should be made there. I get one almost every morning. Ever since my---love? lust? hm, let's go for "intense like" for now---interest introduced me to them, I've been addicted. I have them every morning. They're so relaxing. I sit at All Hopped Up with a whip-cream topped Bob Marley in hand, listening to a man playing Stevie Rae Vauhn on his guitar, the birds chirping, the wind blowing---it makes (the real) Bob Marley's words true. The "don't worry 'bout a thing, 'cause every little thing is gonna be alright" part, I mean. And the best thing about sitting with fellow Bob Marley fans (the coffee AND the musician) is that there's no pressure to talk. For once in my chaos-filled life, I can just relax and be silent, doing nothing but enjoying the beauty of the world around me. It's wonderful.

I hope you all are having an amazing and stress-free week. Drink up some Bob Marleys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment