Sunday, July 11, 2010

8/1001


This says "Blessed Be" in runes, in case you don't know. :)

On saturday, I went to an intuitive fair in a town near mine. The fair's name was "Wonderfully Wicked," and it was by a metaphysical store that's amazing. Just sayin'.

But anyway, it was great. I love intuitive faires. In my every day life, I can't talk about the things I believe, my views, my opinions in spirituality. I can't talk about spiritual experiences. But at intuitive faires, it's a place I can talk freely. Words such as magick, goddess, manifest, totems, guides, and astral are all casually-used terms. These faires make me feel so comfortable---I can talk freely, and other people understand what I'm talking about. It's amazing. Wonderful.
Wonderfully Wicked was a relatively small faire, but it was fun all the same. There were the standard tarot readers, rune readers, and intuitive painters, as well as energy healing and other such practices. I wasn't able to do much since I didn't bring my money, but that's okay, because I mainly came to the faire to bring my friend, who is interested in intuitive things, but doesn't have much a chance to get in to it because her family is against it, so I'm her ride/alibi to events such as this.
One funny thing about this faire---I met a boy who [thankfully] doesn't live in the same town as me, but drove a couple hundred miles just for the faire. He looked like a nice, normal, teen male witch, despite the plain, obvious silver pentacle around his neck. Unfortunately, "nice, normal, teen male witch" didn't really describe him well. He believed in dragons (not the spiritual kind of dragons, but physical, fire-breathing monster dragons like those in fairy tales), bragged about his pet dragon, and how he "owns every dragonology book every published." I nodded my head, said dragonology was interesting, pretended to agree with everything he said, then promptly left. I was standing there wanting so bad to say "dragons aren't real, pull your head out of your ass and grow up," but I used my self-control. I prefer to let people like that learn their own lessons. I don't need to shove my opinions down their throat.
But anyway~ intuitive faires are wonderful. ("wonderfully wicked," hehe) I loves them. Even if I meet rather...odd people at them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment